Eng. Ashenafi Hassen
Deputy CEO and Chief Engineer of Building and House Construction Sector
The Sector is engaged in:
- Deep excavation and foundation for specialized electromechanical works,
- Cave digging, tunneling, ready mix concrete production and pouring,
- Render a concrete and metal structured base building technology,
- Building, planting, dismantling, demolishing and construction solution related to prefabricated building and conventional system,
- Feasibility studies and design works for building a factory that produces UPVC
- It also manufactures different sized sandstones and PVC frames
Building and Housing Construction Sector
The Building and Housing Construction Sector, which is accountable to the CEO, has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Based on the annual plan of the corporation, the sector prepares its annual plan and leads, monitors, and controls the implementation of the plan after approval.
- Coordinates lead and evaluate the plan of those sections and projects of the corporation accountable to the sector.
- Prepares, policies, guidelines, manuals, procedures, and standards in order to efficiently discharge its duties and responsibilities to the CEO, and put them in place after approval.
- Based on its mission, the sector participates in local and international bids, sign agreements, and commences, monitor and control projects after approval by the CEO.
- Whenever required, the sector determines the unit price of construction inputs and design works in building and housing construction activities.
- Ensures and monitors the preparation of detailed action plans for the projects operating under the auspice of the sector before the commencement of the projects, and provide monitoring and support services during the implementation of the plans.