Eng. Bizualem Taye
Deputy CEO and Chief Engineer of Water Infrastructure Construction Sector
The Water Infrastructure Construction Sector, one of the sectors of the Ethiopian Construction Works Corporation, has been undertaking the construction of dams, hydropower, irrigation infrastructures, river diversions, reclamations, and other related works.
Water Infrastructure Construction Sector
The Water Infrastructure Construction Sector, which is accountable to the CEO, has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Based on the annual plan o the corporation, the sector prepares its annual plan and leads, monitors, and controls the implementation of the plan after approval.
- Coordinates lead and evaluates the plan of those sections and projects of the corporation accountable to the sector.
- Prepares, policies, guidelines, manuals, procedures, and standards in order to efficiently discharge its duties and responsibilities given by the CEO, and put them in place after approval.
- Based on its mission, the sector participates in local and international bids, sign agreements, and commences, monitor and control projects after approval by the CEO.
- Whenever required, the sector determines the unit price of construction inputs and design works in dam, irrigation, safe water, deep water well, drainage, land reclamation, and other water infrastructure construction activities.