Deputy CEO and Chief Engineer of Building and House Construction Division
Building and Housing Construction Division
The Building and Housing Construction Sector, which is accountable to the CEO, has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Based on the annual plan of the corporation, the sector prepares its annual plan and leads, monitors, and controls the implementation of the plan after approval.
- Coordinates lead and evaluate the plan of those sections and projects of the corporation accountable to the sector.
- Prepares, policies, guidelines, manuals, procedures, and standards in order to efficiently discharge its duties and responsibilities to the CEO, and put them in place after approval.
- Based on its mission, the sector participates in local and international bids, sign agreements, and commences, monitor and control projects after approval by the CEO.
- Whenever required, the sector determines the unit price of construction inputs and design works in building and housing construction activities.
- Ensures and monitors the preparation of detailed action plans for the projects operating under the auspice of the sector before the commencement of the projects, and provide monitoring and support services during the implementation of the plans.
- Leads support and monitors the availability of inputs, equipment, and machinery as well as the necessary human power for the projects operating under the auspice of the sector.
- Ensures as well as monitors and controls the preparation of payment certificates [IPC] for the amount of work performed by the projects, takes corrective measures when required, and submits reports to the CEO on the issues.
- Transfers the approved payment certificates to pertinent bodies, monitors, and ensures the collection of the payments.
- In collaboration with the project owners and the local administration, the sector undertakes the selection of campsites, constructs comp for the project, and ensures and controls the mobilization of the necessary equipment and human power.
- Upon completion of projects, it follows up and ensures the demobilization of resources from project sites.
- In collaboration with pertinent bodies, the sector plays its level best in resolving disputes through legal means whenever the disputes occur among the project and the local community or administrative bodies.
- In collaboration with the Business Development and Project Management Center, it undertakes survey studies on the construction of buildings and houses with counterparts and other partners with rich experiences in the sector.
- Based on the study, the sector submits an application for plots of land for the construction of the houses to town administrations and ensures its implementation.
- Upon the approval of the application, the sector submits a request to the Human Resource and Facility Management Main Department for the design works for the construction of the buildings.
- It submits an application for the construction of the buildings as per the design as the criteria approved by the town administration monitor the approval process.
- It undertakes the construction work, submits applications for the utilization of the newly constructed buildings from pertinent bodies, and ensures the implementation of the applications.
- It transfers buildings to beneficiaries on rent or sale, collects revenue from the rent or sales of the buildings, and administers the rental houses.
- In collaboration with the Business Development and Project Management Center, it undertakes a survey study for financing for the construction of houses and ensures the implementation of the study after approval.
- In collaboration with Business Development and Project Management Center, the sector undertakes survey studies on the construction of buildings in joint ventures with counterparts and other partners with rich experiences in the sector. Submit the result of the findings to the CEO, and ensures its implementation after approval.
- The sector, in collaboration with the Human Resource Management and Service Sector, provides training and education services to its workers.
- It prepares its monthly and quarterly as well as nine-month, and annual performance report and submits the reports it to the CEO.
- Ensures the necessary human power, permanent and provisional properties for the sector.
- Performs other duties given by the CEO.